Show the legend
Programme of acquisition of competences
- Academic training of 5 years (3+2) at any of the five recognised schools of architecture that have their courses prescribed. These include the National University of Ireland, the Dublin Institute of Technology, the University of Limerick, Cork Institute of Technology and the Waterford Institute of Technology.
- Degree: Currently B.Arch. but there is a move towards M.Arch. as a result of the Bologna Process
- Compulsory professional experience of 2 years
- Compulsory professional examination recognised by the RIAI (on the basis of the RIAI’s list of competences). This examination can be organised by the schools or by the RIAI itself.
- Compulsory registration introduced in May 2008.
- Continued professional development is compulsory for all RIAI members and for non-member registrants under the RIAI Code of Conduct, which applies to registrants as well as Members. CPD support and monitoring are both provided through the RIAI’s new online CPD system CPDEngage.