ACE Policy Seminar on Quality Architectural Services for a Sustainable Built Environmentat the European Parliament.
PART 1 / SHORT PRESENTATIONS by six architects featured in the exhibition 20 Architectural Projects Against Climate Change:
-Philippe SAMYN, Philippe Samyn & Partners–Europa Building (Belgium)
-Marie PARTOFT, Christensen & Co.– Nordhavn Centre (Denmark).
-Bob HANNAN,DúnLaoghaire-Rathdown County Council–Rochestown House (Ireland)
-David FELICE, AP–DOCK 1 (Malta).
-Ija RUDZITE, SIA 5iela–LatvianState Forests Office(Latvia).
-Stefan NESIC –Workshop (Serbia).
PART 2 /Quality Architectural Services for a Sustainable Built Environment
The panel discussion aimed to discuss challenges and solutions for achieving a sustainable and high-quality built environment. In particular, panelists discussed the value of architectural and design solutions; the need for a holistic and life-cycle approach to the built environment at building and city scale, as well as the importance of validating and collecting feedback on actual buildings performance.
- Ciaran CUFFE, Member of the European Parliament
- Ulli GRASSMANN, Baumschlager Eberle Architekten.
- Josefina LINDBLOM, EU Commission - DG Environment
- Enrique SOBEJANO, Nieto Sobejano Arquitectos
- Peter Andreas SATTRUP, Senior Advisor at the Danish Association of Architectural Firms
- Peter DEFRANSCHI, Head of the Brussels Office of ICLEI-Local Governments for Sustainability
Moderation by Judit KIMPIAN, Chair of the ACE Sustainability Work Group.
The presentations of the speakers will be soon available.