ACE Policy Seminar on Quality Architectural Services for a Sustainable Built Environmentat the European Parliament.
PART 1 / SHORT PRESENTATIONS by six architects featured in the exhibition 20 Architectural Projects Against Climate Change:
-Philippe SAMYN, Philippe Samyn & Partners–Europa Building (Belgium)
-Marie PARTOFT, Christensen & Co.– Nordhavn Centre (Denmark).
-Bob HANNAN,DúnLaoghaire-Rathdown County Council–Rochestown House (Ireland)
-David FELICE, AP–DOCK 1 (Malta).
-Ija RUDZITE, SIA 5iela–LatvianState Forests Office(Latvia).
-Stefan NESIC –Workshop (Serbia).
PART 2 /Quality Architectural Services for a Sustainable Built Environment
The panel discussion aimed to discuss challenges and solutions for achieving a sustainable and high-quality built environment. In particular, panelists discussed the value of architectural and design solutions; the need for a holistic and life-cycle approach to the built environment at building and city scale, as well as the importance of validating and collecting feedback on actual buildings performance.
- Ciaran CUFFE, Member of the European Parliament
- Ulli GRASSMANN, Baumschlager Eberle Architekten.
- Josefina LINDBLOM, EU Commission - DG Environment
- Enrique SOBEJANO, Nieto Sobejano Arquitectos
- Peter Andreas SATTRUP, Senior Advisor at the Danish Association of Architectural Firms
- Peter DEFRANSCHI, Head of the Brussels Office of ICLEI-Local Governments for Sustainability
Moderation by Judit KIMPIAN, Chair of the ACE Sustainability Work Group.
The presentations of the speakers will be soon available.
After the seminar, we've invited the MEPS to the ACE Climate Change Exhibition in order to illustrate the solutions that architecture can bring to the challenges posed by climate change.