Vegova 8 SL-1000 Ljubljana
Phone: + 386 1 24 20 670
Fax: + 386 1 24 20 680
- Public authorizations: Directory / Professional Examination / Discipline procedures
- Professional support for the members
- CPD - non obligatory
- Promotional activities, House of Architecture, Architecture and children
|Protection of the title of architect||Yes|
|Protection of the function of architects||Yes|
|Professional title||Authorized Architect |
|If yes, Where ?||Chamber of Architecture and Spatial Planning of Slovenia (ZAPS)|
|Competent authority||Zbornica za arhitekturo in prostor Slovenije - ZAPS (Chamber of Architecture and Spatial Development of Slovenia)|
Show the legend
- Academic training of 5 years at The Faculty of Architecture
- Degree: Univerzitetni diplomirani inženir arhitekture (univ.dipl.inž.arh.) – University Engineer Architect
- Compulsory professional experience of 2 years.
- Compulsory professional examination by the Chamber of Architecture and Spatial Development of Slovenia (ZAPS).
- Compulsory registration with the ZAPS
- Continued training: not compulsory.
|Additional compulsory practical training- internship||2 years |
|Requirement for undertaking a period of traineeship||Yes|
|Period of traineeship supervised (overseen) |
By who ?
| Yes |
|Practical training period|
To which conditions
Normally in an architectural office
As employee or contractually
|Number of hours per month required|
|Compulsory Professional examination||Yes. Compulsory Professional examination by the Chamber of Architecture and Spatial Planning of Slovenia (ZAPS).|
|Complementary professional education||Seminar before the exam |
|Remuneration of the Traineeship||Negotiable|
|Specific supplementary courses organised||No|
|Model form of contract available||No|
|Traineeship and practical experience undertaken abroad taken into account||Yes|
|Evaluation of the Traineeship||Yes|
|Evaluation method used|
The Building Act, Article 32 (Liability for damage):
The investor of an intended works, the project designer that drew up the project documentation for such a works, the contractor for the construction of such a works, the supervisor of the construction of such a works and the auditor of the project documentation for such a works shall be liable for direct damage incurred by third parties that derives from their work and their contractual obligations.
Article 33 (Insurance against liability):
(1) Prior to commencing their activities the project designer, contractor, supervisor and auditor must insure their liability throughout the time of their operation for any damage that could be incurred by investors and third parties in connection with the performance of their activities.
(2) The size of the annual insurance sum shall be agreed between the insurance agency and a participant in the construction of a works specified in the previous paragraph in accordance with regulations on insurance for each individual insurance case or for all insurance cases in a single year.
(3) The size of the annual insurance sum set in the insurance contract may not be lower than 41.000 EUR.
Architects have an obligation to carry insurance.
Legal basis is 15th article from Architects’ and engineers professional Act and Terms and Conditions negotiated among Ministry, Chambers and Insurers.
|Does a system of CPD for architects exists in your country ?||Yes|
|If yes: |
- Is it compulsory ?
- Is it encouraged ?
- Is it free ?
|If it is compulsory,|
is it required by law,
or by a Code of Conduct ?
|If it is regulated, who regulates the system:|
a professional body,
a governmental body,
a combination of the two ?
|Is it organised ?||Yes|
|Who provides the courses:||Chamber and other providers|
|What level of training is provided:||General awareness; Regulation and legislation, Detailed knowledge; Advanced knowledge; Local issues; E&E|
|Are certain subjects mandatory ?||Yes|
|What types of activities or provisions are accepted :|
Recognised courses; Other courses, Workshop; Presentations; Excursions or visits; Electronic means; Published articles
|Do you have any evaluation criteria for the CPD material ?||Yes|
|Who recognize (accredits) these trainings :||Chamber commission|
|Development of the trainings :|
A. Estimated number of courses / year
B. Estimated number of participants / year
C. Estimated lesson hours / year
50 courses / year
800 participants/ year
100 hours / year
|Level of requirements for the architects :||Minimum two courses/ year |
|Is this required level validated or checked and how:|
A. Not requested,
B. Self-assessment of value,
C. Attendance tracking,
D. Self-assessment using self-test,
E. By regular checks,
H. Others means (e.g. electronic monitoring) ?
|Is training (provision) delivered abroad accepted ?||Yes|
|What kind of sanction is applied for the non-compliance with CPD obligation:|
C. Expulsion from the register,
D. Other ?
|Do you have a database of the content of your CPD Programme ?||Yes|
What requirements must a European architects fulfil to practice in this country ?
Fulfilling requirements in own country.