On Monday 25 June, in partnerships with BUILD UP, the Architects’ Council of Europe organised a one-hour webinar on Level(s).
Level(s) is a voluntary reporting framework developed by the European Union to improve the sustainability of buildings. Using existing standards, Level(s) provides a common EU approach to the assessment of environmental performance in the built environment.
The general objective of the webinar was to explain and discuss what is Level(s), how it works and what is the usefulness of Level(s) for architects. Information will be also provided on how to engage in the ongoing testing of Level(s).
- Dr. Judit KIMPIAN: Chair of the ACE Sustainability Work Group
- Josefina LINDBLOM: EU Commission (DG Environment)
- Dr. Esfand BURMAN: University College London (UCL), Institute for Environmental Design and Engineering (IEDE)
- Dr. Peter Andreas SATTRUP: Senior advisor at the Danish Association of Architectural Firms
- 12h00: Welcome and Introduction by Judit KIMPIAN
- 12h05: Josefina LINDBLOM - General introduction into Level(s)
- 12h15: Esfand BURMAN - Level(s): the benefits of a holistic approach to building performance data
- 12h25: Peter Andreas SATTRUP - What is the possible usefulness of Level(s) for architects?
- 12h35 : Josefina LINDBLOM: How to engage in the testing phase of Level(s)?
- 12h40: Discussion with the online audience
- 13h00: End
Videos and presentations are available on the ACE website