ACE and the members of the New European Bauhaus Collective (NEBC) are happy to announce that they have been selected to be Partners of the New European Bauhaus initiative.
On Friday 5 March 2021, the European Commission announced the first New European Bauhaus partners with 13 organisations from the world of architecture, design, sustainability, education, construction & heritage. The "Partners of the New European Bauhaus" will be a key member of the New European Bauhaus community. The Commission will carry out a series of exchanges with the Partners and will facilitate interactions among them in various forms, also with a view to discuss and test developments of the initiative.
The Partners of the New European Bauhaus will help to:
-support the needed transformation of our societies towards living together in more sustainable, inclusive and enjoyable urban and rural environments;
-recognise that people should co-create their living spaces and debate behaviours and lifestyles;
- acknowledge that engaging in co-creation processes, respecting the diversity of perspectives and expertise, is necessary to generate inclusive ideas and affordable quality solutions.
About the New European Bauhaus Collective (NEBC)
The New European Bauhaus Collective (NEBC) is a grouping of several pan-European organisations representing architects, spatial planners, landscape architects, interior architects, engineers, designers, artists, educators and researchers of the built environment, and more broadly the cultural and creative sectors.
Members of the Collective are:
- Architects’ Council of Europe (ACE)
- Architectural Research European Network Association (ARENA)
- Alliance for Solar Mobility (ASOM)
- Culture Action Europe (CAE)
- European Association for Architectural Education (EAAE)
- European Council of Engineers’ Chambers (ECEC)
- European Council of Interior Architects (ECIA)
- European Council of Spatial Planners (ECTP)
- European League of Institutes of the Arts (ELIA)
- European Region of the International Federation of Landscape Architects (IFLA Europe)
- Trans Europe Halles
It is also supported by:
- The Swiss Society of Engineers and Architects (SIA)
- The German Academy for Urban and Regional Spatial Planning (DASL)
The NEB Collective released in November 2020 a Statement “Making the Renovation Wave a cultural project” to express initial views on the New European Bauhaus and offer its support to the Commission.
Follow us on social media #NEBCollective #NewEuropeanBauhaus