- Academic training of a minimum of 5 years plus a diploma project assessed by a state commission
- Compulsory professional experience of 2 years minimum as employee under an employment contract with a designer with full design capacity or four years as a freelance designer – for full designing capacity.
- Professional assessment by a jury of the Chamber of Architects.
- Compulsory registration in the Chamber of Architects in Bulgaria.
- Continued training: not compulsory.
No national document
The professional education is gained under the Law of Higher Education and qualification – under the Law of the Chambers of Architects and Engineers in the Investment Design. Relevant regulatories, concerning the architectural practice are : the Law on Development of Territory, Law on Regional Development, Law on Cultural Heritage with their ordinances, Law on the Recognition of Professional Qualification and others.