On Thursday 29 September (afternoon), as part of the EU Sustainable Energy Week (EUSEW), the Architects’ Council of Europe is organising a « Walk & Talk » event, which will consist of:
- a GUIDED TOUR around the site of Tour & Taxis (Brussels),
- a POLICY DEBATE, on the legislative and policy levers needed to enable architectural design to accelerate the decarbonisation of the EU Building stock and create lasting cultural and quality change in the built environment.
Walk & Talk "Making Sustainable Architecture Work"
Thursday 29 September, Gare Maritime, Brussels
14h00 - 15h30: Guided Tour around the site of Tour and Taxis
Meeting point at 13H50 at the reception desk of the Dépôt Royal
15h30 - 16h00: Welcome Coffee, Maison de la Poste
Tour & Taxis, Rue Picard 5/7, 1000 Bruxelles
16h00 - 17h30: Policy Debate with officials from the EU Commission, Maison de la Poste
Welcoming words/introduction by Judit KIMPIAN, Chair of the ACE Sustainability Work Group
Presentation by Peter Andreas SATTRUP and Judit KIMPIAN, Chairs of the ACE Sustainable Architecture Work Group followed by a policy debate with:
- Josefina LINDBLOM, European Commission, Directorate-General for Environment (DG ENV), Policy Officer in the Unit "Circular Economy, Sustainable Production & Consumption"
- Philippe MOSELEY, European Commission, Directorate-General for Internal Market (DG GROW), Policy Officer in the Unit "Sustainable Construction “
- Thibault ROY, European Commission, Directorate-General for Energy (DG ENER), Policy Officer, Unit "Buildings and Products"
- Vera WINTHAGEN, European Commission Joint Research Centre, Policy Officer- Designer, Unit "New European Bauhaus"
DOWNLOAD THE PROGRAMME OF THE POLICY DEBATE
THE POLICY DEBATE WILL BE LIVE STREAMED THROUGH THE ACE WEBSITE
17h30 - 18h30: Cocktail, Maison de la Poste
PARTICIPATION IN THE TOUR AND POLICY DEBATE IS FREE OF CHARGE UPON REGISTRATION (LIMITED PLACES AVAILABLE). After your registration via this google form, you will receive a confirmation e-mail from ACE (within a few days).
Please note that you can register for the Guided Tour and / or for the Policy Debate. If you register and ultimately cannot be present, please inform us immediately so we can give your place to another person
Join CULTURAL-E in Brussels on 28 September to learn about Plus Energy Buildings
The Cultural-E consortium, in which ACE is a partner, is proud to invite you for a full day in Brussels: First will be the Mid-Term project Conference 'From Net Zero to Plus Energy Buildings: designing buildings for climate and cultural diversity', followed by an open workshop 'Unlock the value of Plus Energy Buildings and neighbourhoods' co-organised with the sister projects syn.ikia and EXCESS. The events will be held on 28 September at the Confindustria EU, Avenue de la Joyeuse Entrée 1, 1040 Brussels. The event is part of the EUSEW Sustainable Energy Days. The entrance is free of charge, though registration is mandatory via this form.
Join the Drive 0 Tour & Regional and National Workshop on Circular renovation in Greece
Another Energy Day will be organised by our Drive 0 project in Athens, Greece on 29 September. A free excursion will include a visit to the Greek demonstration building of the project and showcase the results achieved so far in terms of circular architecture and circular renovation of residential buildings. If you would like to participate please subscribe to this form.