Namestie SNP 18 - 811 06 Bratislava
Phone: +421 254 43 1080
Fax: +421 254 43 0863
Unique National chamber with headquarter in Bratislava – Capital of Slovakia. The Chamber oversees the profession of Architecture. Main goals:
• As a Competent Authority, Chamber provides the Authorisation of architects for regulated profession, maintains the List of Authorised Architects in Slovakia, keeps the Register of Visiting Architects providing their services on Slovak territory;
• Act as reference body for the purpose of evaluation of schools in accordance with PQD;
• Approve the condition of Urban and architecture competitions organised in Slovakia under the conditions established by Chamber of architects;
• Oversees the legal forms and conditions of practise of profession, notably as regards compulsory professional liability insurance;
• Guarantee that the Disciplinary and ethical codes of the profession are respected;
• Arrange conciliations in the event of conflicts between architects or between architects and clients;
• Represent the profession vis-a-vis public authorities and promote general public awareness on the importance and role of architectural profession
|Protection of the title of architect||Yes (authorised architect)|
|Protection of the function of architects||Yes|
|Professional title||Authorized Architect |
|If yes, Where ?||Slovak Chamber of Architects (SKA)|
|Competent authority||Slovak Chamber of Architects (SKA)|
Show the legend
- Entrance examination
- Academic training of 6 years
- Degree: Engineer Architect (Ing. arch.)., Mgr. art., Mgr. arch.
- Compulsory professional experience of a minimum of 3 years – post- graduate; in any country, supervised.
- Compulsory professional examination by the Examination Commission appointed by the Ministry of Construction and Regional Development (+ oath).
- Continued training: compulsory (with no specification of the content or form).
|Additional compulsory practical training- internship||3 years |
|Requirement for undertaking a period of traineeship||A logbook downloaded from the Chamber's website|
|Period of traineeship supervised (overseen) |
By who ?
| Yes |
The professional experience needs to be supervised by an architect entitled according to the local law to carry whole range of activities compared to those of an Authorized Architect
|Practical training period|
To which conditions
|Typically within the studio and under the supervision of a fully qualified architect; other forms of cooperation are allowed, too but the supervisor needs to declare the form of supervision as well as the range of activities carried out during the practical experience.|
|Number of hours per month required||No requirement|
|Compulsory Professional examination||Yes|
|Complementary professional education||No |
|Remuneration of the Traineeship||Unspecified|
|Specific supplementary courses organised||No|
|Model form of contract available||No|
|Traineeship and practical experience undertaken abroad taken into account||Yes|
|Evaluation of the Traineeship||logbook and presentation of a portfolio|
|Evaluation method used|
Compulsory (in eight days after authorization and inscription to the list of Authorized Architects) – compulsory both for Authorized and Visiting Architects (temporary and occasional registration)
|Does a system of CPD for architects exists in your country ?||Yes|
|If yes: |
- Is it compulsory ?
- Is it encouraged ?
- Is it free ?
|If it is compulsory,|
is it required by law,
or by a Code of Conduct ?
|Required by law however system is currently only under construction|
|If it is regulated, who regulates the system:|
a professional body,
a governmental body,
a combination of the two ?
|Is it organised ?||Not organised|
|Who provides the courses:|
|What level of training is provided:|
|Are certain subjects mandatory ?|
|What types of activities or provisions are accepted :|
|Do you have any evaluation criteria for the CPD material ?|
|Who recognize (accredits) these trainings :|
|Development of the trainings :|
A. Estimated number of courses / year
B. Estimated number of participants / year
C. Estimated lesson hours / year
|Level of requirements for the architects :|
|Is this required level validated or checked and how:|
A. Not requested,
B. Self-assessment of value,
C. Attendance tracking,
D. Self-assessment using self-test,
E. By regular checks,
H. Others means (e.g. electronic monitoring) ?
|Is training (provision) delivered abroad accepted ?|
|What kind of sanction is applied for the non-compliance with CPD obligation:|
C. Expulsion from the register,
D. Other ?
|Do you have a database of the content of your CPD Programme ?|
What requirements must a European architects fulfil to practice in this country ?
Standard requirements based on PQD;
1. Establishment: we are looking at the home state eligibility and certificates from CA (not necessarily registered)
Typically we accept in automatic regime a fully qualified European architect having a listed qualification (Annex VI and V.7)+ accompanying certificate (access to market requirements listed in Column IV of Annex V.7); post registration also compulsory professional indemnity insurance with cover of Slovak territory (we accept also insurance policies from abroad if they territorial validity includes SR).
2. Prior declaration (cross-border or temporary and occasional provision of services)
An architect needs to be established in his Home State to be eligible for this regime;
• Registration form: We ask him to bring a confirmation from his CA to approve this eligibility (establishment in his Home State) on registration form (issued by SKA) that needs to be filled in and certified by the Home CA; this form needs to be accompanied by:
• Diploma (listed – Annex V.7, VI),
• Extract of criminal record (not older than 3 months);
• PII: If he has an insurance policy that covers PII also for Slovakia, then a copy of this insurance policy should be presented.
If not, he is obliged to conclude an insurance policy within 8 days post registration for the whole duration of registration (Chamber has a broker helping architects to find the appropriate insurance); there are no minimum sums insured
Registration fee: registration is valid for one year (and may be renewed easily upon request); Visiting Architect does not become member of the Chamber and therefore does not pay any additional fees.